West Lavington Parish Council Wiltshire on Twitter West Lavington Parish Council Wiltshire language translator language
Your Safety
West Lavington Parish Council image Photograph courtesy Paul Reyner


In an emergency dial 999 or 112. Scroll down for defibrillator advice.

To report any non-emergency matter to the Police, or to make an enquiry, dial 101.
Calls cost 15p from landlines or mobiles, no matter how long the duration.

For advice on staying safe, either at home or away you can visit their website. They have lots of tips on home security, computer and internet safety, tackling bullying and anti-social behaviour.

There are also the contacts for your local Neighbourhood Policing Team. Simple security measures for a range of other burgulary issues are set out in the Download Library, in a handy guide produced by the NPT team, including advice on 'Peddlars' (no, not the cycling variety).

You can also contact The Bobby Van Trust if you are, or are concerned about someone who is, over 60 or might otherwise be considered 'vulnerable' to becoming a victim. They will assess the home and fit security products for you. You can find out more from the 'Bobby Van' leaflet in the Download Library.

West Lavington Parish Council Download Library

You can also sign up to the new Community Messaging Scheme, and receive reports directly concerning crime prevention and activity in your area. See the website here.

Wil;tshire Community Messaging

The latest Community Policing Report is available in the Download Library.

West Lavington Parish Council Download Library
Giant Hogweed

Walkers need to be aware of this plant as it is dangerous and needs to be reported to the parish council through the clerk, if you see it when out and above. More information here.
Data and Information

To view interactive mapping of crime data for where you live, have your postcode ready and click here. For mapping related to road collisions click here.(Please note the cautions given for the accuracy of data placed on these maps).

Fire and Rescue

For fire safety advice, you can visit Dorset and Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service here.
West Lavington Parish Council is a Wiltshire local authority, serving the communities of West Lavington and Littleton Panell.

The parish is now provided with three defibrillators

If you come across a person collapsed, dial 999, ask for the ambulance service, describe the symptoms and your location and they will tell you where the nearest defibrillator is. Fetch the pack (or ask someone else to) from the unlocked cabinet and to your patient. Open the pack and follow the instructions. You do not need training: the device is automatic and will talk to you.

The service is provided by the Parish Council in partnership with SW Ambulance Service and has been part-funded by Aster Communities.

To find Health services, click here for the Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group website.

For Blood donations see our Events page, or visit the NHS Blood service website here. West Lavington Parish Council is a Wiltshire local authority, serving the communities of West Lavington and Littleton Panell.
Wider Community Protection

For information and advice on a number of civil protection issues, such as flooding or large scale emergencies and public health events, and how they are managed by a wide range of public and voluntary agencies, you can find out more from the Wiltshire & Swindon Local Resilience Forum website here.

The Environment Agency's flood mapping service is here, and the EA's advice to landowners with watercourses on their property, including their riperian duties for maintenance is here (a few hard copies are available from the parish council).

The Parish Council has a small supply of empty sand bag covers, for issue on request in advance of an incident. It cannot assist with sand or filling the bags. However, Wiltshire Council does have an emergency Sandbag Policy and further guidance on how you can protect yourself in advance from flooding, including other suppliers of sandbags and sand for filling them - you can in the Download Library.

Wiltshire Council Emergency Planning Department have prepared a very useful guide to householders on how to plan for and deal with an emergency - how to use the 999 service, everything you should consider if you are asked to leave your home urgently, or preparing for flooding, or dealing with damage to property caused by storms. Have a look at the document in the Download Library and print a copy to keep handy.

In an emergency dial 999 or 112